And they're cool and available and addictive. The job is almost done for us!

2008年10月22日星期三

Style Is How You Live

When I found out that Paul Newman had died, my favorite photo of him popped into my head. In the picture, he's wearing a great outfit -- corduroy sport jacket, khaki pants, buckled boots, and aviator glasses -- but he's also carrying a garment bag and a briefcase, making it clear that he was heading somewhere, doing something other than posing for the photo. And in that moment I realized that, aside from his great dressing sense, it was Paul Newman's spirit and his lifestyle that I admired above all. I love that he was married to the same woman for 50 years; I love that he devoted his leisure time equally to car racing and philanthropy; I love that actors of the next generation worshiped him so devotedly. Paul Newman was always engaged, having fun, taking in all that life had to offer. I can't think of a more fitting icon to personify the new Men's Vogue mantra, "Style is how you live."











博客归档