And they're cool and available and addictive. The job is almost done for us!

2008年9月5日星期五

You Jump, I Jump/Wall Street Journal - WSJ Magazine Premiere Issue

When it comes up with the idea of jumping into the magazine business, even the hardest joker would twisted his mind of editing, Such as " We should do A question interview with some coolest people in town yeah totally! "  There! That's where your magazine ended up being just " another magazine".

My friend, Jamie is doing so . He's been to everywhere, he's met everyone. He speaks 8 languages, graduated from Harvard, Wrote a book about how to cross the boarder of Cuba without a passport and still breathing. Owner of one of the most productive diamond mine companies, married a beautiful new york goddess with 2 wonderful boys, taught then how to dive underwater in Caribbean Sea. Cooking. Cleaning. Charming. He is everything a man should be and he did all of this while wearing nice-cut Prada suit.

And hes about to publish a magazine now. He thinks I m the one should be interviewed.

So when the editor called, said that Jamie is their boss and me is one of the coolest they'd like to meet. I just bursted out loud. How funny could you get.And then, I realized hes serious.

Jamie is publishing a magazine in New York? What it is. He finally found out about a way to Money Issue: HOW TO LOSE ALL YOUR MONEY WITHIN A BLINK.

Timing is Everything. Now or Never. He said. And I believe him. I really do . So far my life was pitched with all the crazy ideas from all my friends. And it sometimes pissing me off cos 99% of them rocking the business just like that right this minute. So why not. So another magazine. So what !

Which words would you use to describe yourself?
Hungry.

Which city do you like best?
There are too many to pick one. New york is def on top list.

Where is your next destination?
On planing or on saying? Cause I m leaving all the time. On the top of head, will be at Rome next year for sure.

Shopping list?
You'd never want to know that answer from the one that buys 60 fashion magazines/month.

Your favorite brands?
Guess you are talking about clothes. All the Big names are friendly to me. I like to match them with the Jewelry designed by myself. Also, local things. There is a very chic hat that you could only buy it in finland.

Where do you shop in New York?
Long list... I dont really shop for clothes in new york. Cause when its time to buy I m always in other city than here. I shop in MOMA's gift shop. lol

New York's charm?
Bill Bryson wrote a very interesting book named MADE IN AMERICA. Its about an informal English language history in the United States. I have a routine: Last page goes first. So in this book the very last paragraph goes : If History is anything to go by , then three things about America's immigrants are as certain today as they ever were: That they will learn English, that they will become Americans, and that the counrty will be stronger for it. And if that is not a good thing, I dont know what is.
You see, its the same thing with New York, only much cooler, that you will learn to be yourself, that you will become a new yorker, and that the city will be stronger for it. Being a outsider myself, I've never felt outsided in new york from the first second me lied my eyes on this land. New York charms me. Plus No.111 reason to love New York:Because Smart and Chic Can Mean Almost the Same Thing.
You get the idea. I m already running out of time for answering. lol


博客归档